Isuzu SUV Forum banner
561 - 568 of 568 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The huge benefit I found with the swap was restoring some of the power band back since I'm running 32" tires. I can reliably run in 5th gear again while with the 32s and the old 4.56s installed, the power was just gone in 5th so I was almost always having to run in 4th.

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
258 Posts
Are the Aussie Lockers still an option through Independent4x anyone?
Only way to get one as far as I know is through the company Lokka, which is pretty sketchy. I ordered one back in early June, and they haven't responded to any of my emails. A quick look at their facebook page shows people waiting over 6 months to get theirs. I guess I just have to wait it out

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got my Lokka last year for $300. It took a little while to get it. Came from Australia.
Had it installed in the front and I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
WOW, I just read the entire thread, all 562 posts. Respect
giusedtobe
for sticking with it and not throwing a stick of dynamite at it. Amazing also all the feedback from the awesome board members and all your help and advise. Turned out to be a nice Trooper and you really have done a lot to it. Long journey!
I spend a lot of time alone way out in the back country where there is no cell signal, and that is one of the reasons or the main reason I did the weber conversion and ecm delete. Keeping it simple and serviceable.
If I look around at junkyards for a G80, are there different Isuzu models and years I should ask about?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
Thanks or condolences for reading all that!

Sadly I am experiencing a new problem. On the highway the other day it lost power. Just felt like it was running on three cylinders. I pulled off the highway and it shut off. Started back up but I had to rev it to keep it running. Was not hot and oil pressure was good so I limped it home and parked it. Will not have a chance to trouble shoot it until this weekend but no check engine light or anything. Other than a plug wire breaking down or something else electrical I am not sure what it would be. Any ideas before I dig in?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks or condolences for reading all that!

Sadly I am experiencing a new problem. On the highway the other day it lost power. Just felt like it was running on three cylinders. I pulled off the highway and it shut off. Started back up but I had to rev it to keep it running. Was not hot and oil pressure was good so I limped it home and parked it. Will not have a chance to trouble shoot it until this weekend but no check engine light or anything. Other than a plug wire breaking down or something else electrical I am not sure what it would be. Any ideas before I dig in?
Haha, no - it was interesting and I sure admired your persistence and patience.
This happened to me once. Turned out to be a crack in the ignition coil. An easy fix. I hope yours is as simple of an issue. If your coil is on the valve cover, that little ground wire going to the firewall is important too.

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
Any change in noise? When my EGR tube broke (on the highway) mine lost power, but picked up exhaust noise. Just start by giving a good visual inspection - could be something as simple as a hose off or wire off. Dennis

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 ·
Thanks gents. No there was no real difference in the exhaust note. I'll check it out this weekend. Just thought it was weird that it did not throw a CEL.

561 - 568 of 568 Posts