Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
So did you use the stud welder thing to pull as much of the dent as you could, then smooth over with Bondo? I've yet to try any body work either, but am always interested.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Yeah looking good. How are you a0pplying the bed liner? I'm coating my rock sliders with bed liner tonight. Well, I was, until I realized it got too cold in my garage and it wasn't laying down well.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Cleaning it off is the worst part.

I recently tried a method I heard about where you just set a sprinkler under the truck and move it around every few minutes while you go about cleaning the rest of the truck. It worked alright with the easy Moab mud, but I've been in some stuff where I had to go to the pressure washer. That clay mud is the worst.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
G80 is the factory LSD. Lokka is a lunch box style locker. The lokka is fully locked, but can ratchet when turning and not under power. I'm not sure if posi-trac is another term for a limited slip Differential, LSD, (uses clutch packs and isn't a full locker), or is a full locker like a true trac.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
G80 in rear and Lokka in front is what I have in my Trooper. That same combo would probably be terrifying in my Amigo though, in the snow.

To add to what Tentin said, if money is no object then *sectible lockers are the way to go. That way you can leave the diffs open when you don't need to be locked and maintain all the streetability and control for most of the time. There are plenty of YouTube videos explaining the difference between the locker styles. EngineeringExplained is probably a pretty good resource for such a video.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts