Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 position switch on the rear cargo lamp. Am I correct in assuming that one position is on, the other is off & another is on when the door is opened like the front dome light works? I'm about to change out my rear door due to a stupid attack & on this door, the light does not turn on when I open the door. Just when I turn it on manually. Thanks. :D

Robin...

·
Registered
790 Posts
It does work exactly like the front dome light. There is a pin switch in the door jamb that controls the light. I believe it is pretty close to the bottom hinge on the big back door. Sounds like yours is not making contact or no longer hooked up.

It could also be a disconnected wire up behind the light itself, or the contacts in the switch in the light could be corroded/gummed up.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I had the same problem on my 86 and fixed it the same way. Actually all three doors (2dr LWB) had the same problem. I had trouble finding metric threaded pin switches though, so I just retapped the holes to the SAE thread of the aftermarket switches I found. They would have gone in crossthreaded and held just fine, but I had the right tap handy. Check any local car audio/alarm shop and tell them you need a pin switch or look at www.partsexpress.com under mobile security.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.