Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1991 ISUZU TROOPER II 2.8L MUA5
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay , found an obtained good donor body.

1991 Trooper has had all rebuilt suspension, heads rebuilt , and soon clutch as well , it has bad roof rot all around the drip rail a lot of fabricating and time would require , or finding a roof to cut and graft. attached in first pic .
Automotive tire Charcoal Wood Cuisine Dish

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

see the separation?

The 1986 is fairly straight no rust and great patina with beautiful paint under the grime. frame is OK but not 8.6/10 that the 91 is . So besides the piping and wiring that will be required after a lot of pictures and videos are taken I am trying to figure out if the trans tunnel on the 86 will need to be cut and corrected or if i can get away with mild body lift. i am attaching links bellow on this subject that i was ableto dig up from 12 years ago.
Bumper Vehicle door Automotive exterior Automotive tire Gas

I am aware of the back four body mounts needing to be modified with plate , so aware of that issue and modification that need to be made . have measurements from this forum here
Trooper- '87 Body on '89 Frame-Mods

also this guys write up helped a lot.
1986 body on a 1989 drive train

Also lightly aware of the wiring on the 86 being ran along the frame and not through the cab , though i haven't verified this in the field yet with my own eyes . read in same post as above i believe.

i guess any and all info regarding the unknowns would be greatly appreciated. especially regarding the trans tunnel.

Brickwork Wood Building Road surface Brick

Reactions: Toccoa
1 - 1 of 1 Posts