Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally obtained a set of JDM corner lights for my 1986 Trooper grill (on a 1987 Trooper, tho).

They seem to be of very good quality and were shipped post haste via DHL from an eBay seller in Indonesia. They were around $85 including shipping.

The company they were originally obtained from is Mitoyo Automobile Lamp & Lens. They were likely made in Indonesia, so the brand maybe isn't very available here in the US.

The part # is WI-00-1615, listed as fitting an Isuzu Trooper on the box.

So far, they fit well, but of course I haven't tested them long-term yet.

Here are some pics from the seller's page:
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Amber Orange Line

Peripheral Input device Gadget Communication Device Audio equipment

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Light

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just picked up an 86 Trooper and want to rebuild the front end, where are you getting your parts? Also needs
new tires, what size are you running?
I'm working on a 1987 Trooper, but it has the grill from a 1986 Trooper (that is also mine, but it's not a runner currently).

What parts are you looking for? New parts, of course, are all over the internet; I typically use Summit Racing, Rock Auto, and/or eBay. For OEM parts, PI member Jerry LeMond is a great source.

For the 86 grille, I got the marker lights I mentioned above, and I just got some semi-generic "Black 7" Round Cree LED" headlamps from LX-Light via eBay. I haven't tried them out yet, but they get good (enough) reviews on the internet, and they were only $50 including shipping. I made my own grille badge, as it didn't have one on it and I didn't want to pay $60 for one online.

I haven't purchased new tires yet (I have some steel 16" Toyota rims I obtained some time ago), but I will likely be running 265/75 A/T tires by Atturo or Falken when I fork out the cash. My 87 Trooper has about a two inch suspension lift.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm working on a 1987 Trooper, but it has the grill from a 1986 Trooper (that is also mine, but it's not a runner currently).

What parts are you looking for? New parts, of course, are all over the internet; I typically use Summit Racing, Rock Auto, and/or eBay. For OEM parts, PI member Jerry LeMond is a great source.

For the 86 grille, I got the marker lights I mentioned above, and I just got some semi-generic "Black 7" Round Cree LED" headlamps from LX-Light via eBay. I haven't tried them out yet, but they get good (enough) reviews on the internet, and they were only $50 including shipping. I made my own grille badge, as it didn't have one on it and I didn't want to pay $60 for one online.

I haven't purchased new tires yet (I have some steel 16" Toyota rims I obtained some time ago), but I will likely be running 265/75 A/T tires by Atturo or Falken when I fork out the cash. My 87 Trooper has about a two inch suspension lift.
I needed new front brake parts, steering components and suspension components for the front. Probably going to get everything off rock auto. I also have an 87!

Your going to run the 265/75/16s on a 87 with the 2.3 and stock gearing? I have 31s on my 87 Trooper with 4.77s and a rebuilt 2.3 and it still seems to lack power going up steep grades, granted this happens when I'm driving up at higher elevations and this isn't so much when I'm down at around sea level.But your definitely going to be pushing the motor to get it moving, for that reason I was planning on sticking to some 235/75/15 tires on the 86.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I needed new front brake parts, steering components and suspension components for the front. Probably going to get everything off rock auto. I also have an 87!

Your going to run the 265/75/16s on a 87 with the 2.3 and stock gearing? I have 31s on my 87 Trooper with 4.77s and a rebuilt 2.3 and it still seems to lack power going up steep grades, granted this happens when I'm driving up at higher elevations and this isn't so much when I'm down at around sea level.But your definitely going to be pushing the motor to get it moving, for that reason I was planning on sticking to some 235/75/15 tires on the 86.
Thanks for the tire advice, I hadn't really thought about the gearing and tire size issue! Hmmm, I may have to reconsider...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are some pics of my (mocked up) grille with one of the marker lights stuck in place and a headlight set in the hole
Motor vehicle Plant Bumper Wood Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting

The marker lights didn't come with mounting nuts, so I'll get some new ones before attaching them to the grille. But, they do seem to mount/line up well and sure do look purdy!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FYI:
I purchased some fancy sealed beam LED headlamps (see above) that needed an adapter to connect to the stock Trooper wiring. I needed an H4/9003 to 9004/9007 connector, so via eBay I purchased "Pair 9007 Male to H4 Female Headlight Conversion Harness Adapter Plug For Hummer." The blue plastic cap/connector is a bit flimsy, and one must be careful when inserting the connectors into the stock wiring piece so as to not bend the connectors. But they do fit.

Blue Light Product Black Font

I also purchased a set of "H4 9003 HB2 Adapter Wiring Harness," also from eBay, to compare to the ones above.

Data transfer cable Wire Cable Auto part Electrical wiring

I haven't powered it all up yet (my grille and headlights aren't even attached yet), but it looks like it should work. However, I may need to switch the tabs around in the connectors, as 9004 and 9007 connectors have a slightly different configuration.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts