Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I'ts been a long time since I sold my SWB 1st gen Trooper. I'm doing one Trooper project after that, but it's somebody else car and he sold it before the project begin.
I don't have much money and finding a proper Trooper to build is very hard.
But then, a friend gave me an info about 4x4 Chevrolet LUV. It's cheap and it's buildable.
In a very short negotiation, I bought that li'l truck.

I'm still working out of my hometown, so my friend pick that LUV and bring it to his house. Afterall he's the one who will help me build that truck.

So.. Let me introduce my new project, officially it's a 1983 KBD41 4WD Chevrolet LUV.
tigger 07.jpg

At this moment, I still haven't see that truck by myself.
I bought it just rely on my intuition from this pictures :
LUV Depok 04.jpg

LUV Depok 05.jpg

LUV Depok 09.jpg

LUV Depok 11.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I still want a 4x4, but from the phone the seller gave info that the front axle is missing. Well, no wonder nobody want that truck.
But I know where to find a complete front axle, so it'll be no big deal. It's still had transfer case afterall.

Here's some interior pics :

LUV Depok 08.jpg

LUV Depok.jpg

LUV Depok07.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I've read Cronc's thread about his P'Up :
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34595

At first I want to make one like that, but consider that I had the smallest diesel engine I prefer to restore it.

Here's the concept:
It will use 1981-1982 4WD Chevrolet LUV USDM livery
81LUV45PP.jpg

Hood mirror and grill like 1983 Isuzu Faster JDM
Japan Faster 01.JPG

30" tires on 15" wheels like this one :
USDMJam2011-56-6538_ChevyLUV_IsuzuFaster.jpg

It should be sitting high and the wheels should painted dark. I call this JDM style.
As references how high that I wanted, tires should be bellow middle body line.
Jap Style 01.jpg

kbd42.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Sketch :
IMG00910-20120410-1316.jpg

Books and Brochures as reference :
Brochure March 01.jpg

LUV Book.jpg

Book April 01.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Nice things that I already had :

IMG00749-20120212-1142.jpg

IMG00740-20120212-0933.jpg

5 speed MSG Tranny from my previous project

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Some pics when my friend brought it home :

Tigger 01.jpg

Tigger 02.jpg

tigger 04.jpg

tigger 05.jpg

tigger 06.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Can not wait to see your build on this. I know it will be excellent. Congratulations on your new "love".

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shooter said:
Can not wait to see your build on this. I know it will be excellent. Congratulations on your new "love".
Thanks Shooter :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Your a very talented artist too! I love the fender mirrors that you call JDM style. Nice truck!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Zack :)

JDM stands for Japan Domestic Market. They had different rules, most of vehicle in 80's still placing side mirrors on their hood.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Cronk, finally you shows up. How's your P'Up project?
Your collections about P'up is always be my references.

Yes, I love P'up style too.
It always being my dream vehicle along with Trooper. But since 4wd P'Up and 2dr Trooper had the same price, I prefer to have Trooper as Daily Drive.

This LUV came up in the right time. I already had family car and this LUV price is cheap.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
ubs_lover said:
Hi Cronk, finally you shows up. How's your P'Up project?
Your collections about P'up is always be my references.

Yes, I love P'up style too.
It always being my dream vehicle along with Trooper. But since 4wd P'Up and 2dr Trooper had the same price, I prefer to have Trooper as Daily Drive.

This LUV came up in the right time. I already had family car and this LUV price is cheap.
Been busy on a new work related project lately, not a lot of time to loiter here in The Planet anymore. :wink: Pretty cool project though.

I have a bundle of Isuzu paraphernalia that I'm going to get to Bart soon, the scans will be better when he gets them done. I'll be sure to get you a copy.

My Pup is still sitting. My nephew started some work on it but I think he lost interest...... If I get some time I'll get it looking like my concept. One day....... I just hope that when I do retire, I'll be able to do what I want to do. Keep meeting folks who tell me "do it now" because you'll be too old and crippled to do it later. Trying to figure out a way to do so......

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cronk said:
Been busy on a new work related project lately, not a lot of time to loiter here in The Planet anymore. :wink: Pretty cool project though.

I have a bundle of Isuzu paraphernalia that I'm going to get to Bart soon, the scans will be better when he gets them done. I'll be sure to get you a copy.

My Pup is still sitting. My nephew started some work on it but I think he lost interest...... If I get some time I'll get it looking like my concept. One day....... I just hope that when I do retire, I'll be able to do what I want to do. Keep meeting folks who tell me "do it now" because you'll be too old and crippled to do it later. Trying to figure out a way to do so......
I will send Bart my newest literature for P'Up and Trooper also. I think he will made a good compilation of it.

Yes, do it now. I really want to watch you do your build, I don't want to wait for your retirement day :D

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
ubs_lover said:
I will send Bart my newest literature for P'Up and Trooper also. I think he will made a good compilation of it.

Yes, do it now. I really want to watch you do your build, I don't want to wait for your retirement day :D
LOL, yeah me too, we'll see though....... I am closer to home now though (4 hour drive vs 12 hr drive) BUT, when I am home, I've been working on home repair and landscaping. Seems to never end....... I did manage to pull my trailer project a bit closer since my wife's parents live close to my project. I can go work there on a rain day. Tomorrow as a mater of fact looks like it's going to be a rain day! Once the trailer is complete maybe I can take one of the Pups over there.......

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Try to apply my concept. This time I use computer software:

Side 01.jpg

Side 02.jpg

Front.jpg

This modification based on pictures that my friend sent me. He use low quality phone-camera and the result is not so good.
I try to apply '81 4wd body sticker, hood mirrors, better wheels and tires.

Any suggestion?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Finally I met with that P'Up, and I've decided to put it in paint workshop immediately.

Here's some newest photo with my other restoration project, a 1994 Chevrolet Trooper HiRoof that comes with 4ZD1 gas engine.

IMG00973-20120428-0713.jpg

IMG00974-20120428-0717.jpg

IMG00975-20120428-0717.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
New parts :

LUV Parts Console Box.jpg

Console Box Literature.jpg

LUV parts Aisin.jpg

LUV Parts Handrest 01.jpg