Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I might get to rebuild one from the ground up and get paid for it. Has the original flat-head 4 banger and everything.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'll be next spring before the major work starts but I'll be doing a few minor things to it soon to make sure it's road worthy. The guy bought it for his son and he wants him to be able to drive it. He is heading to Afghanistan and wants to do the rebuild when he gets back. I'll take pics when I check it out in a few days.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Not too much to those things. Basically just legalized road tractors. I just found a '46 for my dad. Like Tad said, do post pics. I love the oldies.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got my first look at it today. Pretty cool. The guy wants it put back to original with the foot operated starter switch, original gauges, frame off and everything.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
It should have a 3 on the tree shift lever. Did you happen to get the serial number? Is it a Willys or is it one of the more rare Fords?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a Ford and it's completely Ford. Which is rare. They often swapped Willys and Ford parts back and forth to keep them going. This one is all Ford.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Wow, that's gonna be worth a pretty penny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts