Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trany (among other things) is acting up which is covered by the powertrain warranty. I cannot find a dealer anywhere. The place we bought it from stopped selling Isuzu's a few years back. Shouldn't they still be responsible to handle the warranty for the truck they sold us?

Anyone know of a dealer in this area? Google shows up many but they all keep saying it's old info and they can't do the work or they went out of business

Thanks
-Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
This may be blowing smoke, but have you talked to a Honda dealer? Honda sold rebadged Isuzu's and they might be able to help you. The Rodeos and Passports are basically the same trucks. Not sure on the Rodeo Sport models though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,284 Posts
robs said:
The place we bought it from stopped selling Isuzu's a few years back. Shouldn't they still be responsible to handle the warranty for the truck they sold us?
Is it the same company ?

If so, it doesn't matter that they 'stopped selling isuzus'.

If the same company sold it to you and warrantied it, then that company should have to stick by the warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
555 Posts
robs said:
My trany (among other things) is acting up which is covered by the powertrain warranty. I cannot find a dealer anywhere. The place we bought it from stopped selling Isuzu's a few years back. Shouldn't they still be responsible to handle the warranty for the truck they sold us?

Anyone know of a dealer in this area? Google shows up many but they all keep saying it's old info and they can't do the work or they went out of business

Thanks
-Rob
Go to Isuzus web site. http://www.isuzu.com/home.jsp There is a form to find the nearest service center. The site also gives a number to call to find an Isuzu service center. (800) 255-6727
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great. Closest dealer is in San Antonio. Over 100 miles away. Oh well I guess I can take this opportunity to take the family to seaworld.

I think I'll put more pressure on the dealer or give the local Honda shop a call. It's worth a shot. Is everyone else having this problem?

Thanks
-Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,284 Posts
robs said:
Great. Closest dealer is in San Antonio. Over 100 miles away. Oh well I guess I can take this opportunity to take the family to seaworld.

I think I'll put more pressure on the dealer or give the local Honda shop a call. It's worth a shot. Is everyone else having this problem?

Thanks
-Rob
If the dealer sold you the product, with a warranty, and made the profit on it... Then the dealer should be forced to honor the warranty.

Whether they are still selling that particular product, or not.

IOW: They made the profit from the product, and the warranty. Yes, you paid for the warranty.

Now, they should either honor the warranty themselves, or pay for the parts, and for someone else to do the work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,284 Posts
I could have been selling widgets from the Cronk widget factory, for several years or decades.

I could make extra profit by selling a warranty with it. (Not even an "extra" warranty. I charge more, because I offer a warranty.)

Next month, I could stop selling Cronk widgets. And instead start selling widgets from the RamAirZ widget factory. (With warranties, of course.)

Should I not be forced to honor the warranty on all those Cronk widgets, (with warranties), that I sold ?
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top