Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i embarked on a journey this winter..... I tore the top end off and had embree coat rotors and rebuild SC along woth porting the inlet and outlet of SC....i polished it when i got it back.

I portmatched the Outlet of the intake to the gaskets and the inlet of the heads to the gasket,whihc created Portmatching......just making smooth transitions...no rough lips or ledges.....

i had a Jerrys friend make me a 6" pulley for the crank....instead of the 5" pulley.

all i can say is its loud and runs Like a SuperChaRGED VEHICLE SHOULD....PUT YOU IN YOUR SEAT...!!!

SO NEXT STEP IS THE WATER METH INJECTION KIT AND AN fmu TO RAISE MY FUEL PRESSURE TO ABOU 80LBS UNDER FULL BOOST.....

My ecu was tweaked by jet performance with my mods i have, and they did a great job and its well worth every penny....i did this on my last amigo.....ive been smiling all weekend long driving this thing.,.....

it def needs an FMU i exp fuel cut ONCE...but once was one time too many....

i will be getting this thing to the Dyno and see where we are at now.....

!!

heres some pics

all said and done after i painted it.......it needds an FMU and a lil tweaking...but this truck runs like none ive seen yet.....i know theres better trucks out there....but i havent seen em yet.....lets just say i was all smiles hearing the SC SCREAMING over the exhaust and chirping 3 of 4 gears with stock tires and 4.10's...... what a great weekend...!!!! the motor ran great no problems...so i will start building the 3.5 and sell the 3.2 thats in it with 117738 miles on it...still runs strong...!!!!![/img]

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
You talk like the work was nothing. Sounds pretty bad *** man! I'll be watching this to see how she holds up. Really cool to see something different.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cronk said:
You talk like the work was nothing. Sounds pretty bad a-- man! I'll be watching this to see how she holds up. Really cool to see something different.
you mean i make it sound easy?...or it wasnt that pertinent?....

well i have been workin on this this winter and sending stuff out when i had money and working on other stuff here while i was stuck at home.....

i have a set of 430's going in to get m,e back to what a 5spd should have in it...i suspect i will bark 5th now as well.....

this is the very first time i tried these typesof mods on this vehicle.....very diff from my old camaros and Trans am....

but def frustrating at times, but when it comes together it makes the truck like a whole new ride and brings a new found Pride with it as well.....

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
That's awesome Crash! Glad to see you got it back together, so when are you taking a trip down south :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RamAirZ said:
That's awesome Crash! Glad to see you got it back together, so when are you taking a trip down south :)
im going to try to pop this posi in this week and catch up on my bills for the month....so if its a slammin week like last week i will be caught up by this weekend......so either this weekend or next depending on finances....def keep you posted!!!!!

thanks for stickin with me while i was trying to figure all this stuff out!....

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Crash said:
Cronk said:
You talk like the work was nothing. Sounds pretty bad a-- man! I'll be watching this to see how she holds up. Really cool to see something different.
you mean i make it sound easy?...or it wasnt that pertinent?....

well i have been workin on this this winter and sending stuff out when i had money and working on other stuff here while i was stuck at home.....

i have a set of 430's going in to get m,e back to what a 5spd should have in it...i suspect i will bark 5th now as well.....

this is the very first time i tried these typesof mods on this vehicle.....very diff from my old camaros and Trans am....

but def frustrating at times, but when it comes together it makes the truck like a whole new ride and brings a new found Pride with it as well.....
Yeah, I know a lot of work went into this and you were so nonchalant about it. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Crash said:
thanks for stickin with me while i was trying to figure all this stuff out!....
No problem man, anytime.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I am so lost here! (As usual!) WHAT is this supercharged engine IN? And what engine is it?

I somehow missed this entire build! (Sorry)

And X2 on the video needed!!!!! You tube-it man!!!! PLLLLEEEEASE! :lol:

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Its currently a 3.2 in a 2nd gen amigo

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Ohhhhh! AWESOME! That thing has to shread pavement as small as it is! Freakin cool!!!!

I need to do a search & find the orriginal build thread to this! :lol:

·
Registered
129 Posts
not super familar with the fuel system set up of the isuzu, but will the fuel pump support the volume of fuel needed to run 80psi? Your injectors may not like 80 psi for very long either. I don't really know, but it may be something to think about.

If it were me (and it's not, I know), I run would larger injectors and tune for it. You could maybe get away with a SAFC piggyback, but a custom tune would be better. I'm not aware of any companies doing pre-tunes for boosted isuzu, so a custom tune using a standalone or full featured piggyback are valid choices.

Like I said, this may all be wrong, as I'm not familar with the isuzu fuel system - the pump and injectors may be happy as happy can be running 80psi. I don't really know.

Otherwise, good job. The whine of a supercharger really is a sound like no other.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
basic said:
not super familar with the fuel system set up of the isuzu, but will the fuel pump support the volume of fuel needed to run 80psi? Your injectors may not like 80 psi for very long either. I don't really know, but it may be something to think about.

If it were me (and it's not, I know), I run would larger injectors and tune for it. You could maybe get away with a SAFC piggyback, but a custom tune would be better. I'm not aware of any companies doing pre-tunes for boosted isuzu, so a custom tune using a standalone or full featured piggyback are valid choices.

Like I said, this may all be wrong, as I'm not familar with the isuzu fuel system - the pump and injectors may be happy as happy can be running 80psi. I don't really know.

Otherwise, good job. The whine of a supercharger really is a sound like no other.
The 80psi would only be under full boost and it's adjustable. He'd been looking to see if he could get larger injectors for it (the injectors are larger than stock already I believe with the supercharger kit) and not sure if we came up with anything without going to a custom fuel rail. I had discussed running a stand-alone engine management system like Megasquirt with him like you said, with larger fuel pump, injectors etc. I don't remember if we discussed the fuel pump Crash but you should swap out your fuel pump for a Denso Supra TT pump. It'll have no problem keeping up with whatever you throw at it right now. I'd still look into putting a wideband AF gauge on it when you do your tuning to see if your current pump is keeping up.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well here is my check list of things in this order as it stands,....

FMU 8:1 (the fuel rails and lines should handle it all hypethetical..I have no real answers here until i try it and succeed or fail.

Water Meth injection kit(devils own Progressive Boost Controlled)

keystone Raceway for 1/4 mile time

Dyno for HP gains

Exhaust shop to quiet down my exhaust a lil more..... Im a motor guy more than a loud exhaust guy...and its too loud for me...lol... rather have the engine turn heads than exhaust...

Standalone may come into play if i hit the lotto. I dont ever play so doubt it.

def looking into an inline fuel pump to take stress off the Stock fuel pump. That will prob happen this summer after i work out any bugs in the meantime.

no luck in finding injectors yet...still looking....

also i dont own a video camera...I can write and record you a CD but cant do videos yet... :cry:

I agree i need videos...!!! trust me when i get all this work done I promise i will get vids up.....!!!!!!

the truck is 5yrs in the making........i will admit the sound coming under the hood is snapping necks....! and it runs like it sounds...Strong!!!

Its still no V8 no matter what i do to it...I have 6cylinder envy...lol

thanks for the input people!....

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
If you go with an extra inline pump run it on a hobbs switch, that way it's only on when your under boost. You could also look into finding a Kenne Bell boost-a-pump, you can find them used for around 100-150. They basically increase voltage to your stock pump therefore increasing the output on it. I think you'll be fine with your fuel lines and rails for what your shooting for. What made you decide against the adjustable FMU?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as far as the adjustable FMU, I have money flying out faster in so many directions i had to cut a corner....cause when i go adjustable, i have to have the money to allow for the Dyno time as well as the new Wideband and the added cost of the adjustable. so far thats way out of my budget for what ive just spent on this truck.....id rather settle for something at this point than nothing.....so in the meantime i will run this one and acquire the other parts and money to do it all at once....just want to make sure i dont burn anything up in the meantime.....

i will have to look into those fuelpumps...again this is uncharted territory in regards to this setup as you know man... :wink: thanks for the leads!!!...

im just happier than **** it didnt blow up and its up and running!!...WHOOP WHOOP!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah walbro makes a 255lph hi pressure drop in pump for the 1st gen troopers, so I'd think you could get one for your rig. And be carefull with the fmu, if the fuel pressure goes to high it will keep the injectors from opening fully and run you lean. As stated a piggyback setup or a megasquirt would be best with larger injectors. I'd hate to see you burn a hole in a piston.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I'm not a fan of the "new" walbro pumps, they seem to be having high failure rates lately. If I wasn't going with something like an Aeromotive or the like I would buy one of the Denso pumps. You could pick up an inline Vortech pump fairly cheap if you wanted to run it just as a booster. On the high pressure thing, you run them that high too often they CAN stick, open, closed, mid either way you can overwork them. I think for what your doing you'll be ok until you can go for a full upgrade.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
again everything is experimental and im taking everyones opinions in, and will keep all info stored as I move fwd...

ideally i want a stand alone....I just cant swing it....so i need a bandaid....til i can afford to move fwd...hell i might not even have this truck next year...for those that know me i change my mind alot due to changing circumstances, i tried selling it twice already but refuse to just give the truck away......

i do like the lower 8:1 over the 12:1 that most shops cry about...well im concerned with pressure too, so i made the choice of 8:1 which still maybe too high...i have no clue yet......

fuel pump-----is A def Must!!!! i like the idea of boost controlled or smoething of that nature....versus some wild static pressure all the time....

hey Dal, youre truck looks sick BTW...!!!!! also like the new Avatar

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I know a lot of work went into this and you were so nonchalant about it. :lol: :lol:
im trying to keep my enthusiasm to a minimum cause lots of vulgarities and expletives come out when i talk about how i really feel about all the work...!!! lol :twisted:

its just nice to see something come together finally and not blowup in my face from unpredictable events [/quote]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts