Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have been looking at front posi options, for my 89 Trooper, and am aware of the limited selelection. I found specs on the old corvette posi and wounder if they are the same as the 10 bolt isuzu?

63 to 79 corvette 10 bolt 8.2 inch 17 teeth up to 4.56 gears
eaton posi part #19673-010.

Gord.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
No. The Isuzu 10 bolt is just that, an Isuzu.

There was a 10 bolt limited slip, but it will be tough to find one.

There was also a 10 bolt lunchbox locker, made by lockright. No longer in production, it will be tough to find.

Your only real choice is the ARB locker, which will be about 1000 bucks but you can readily get it. And it makes the most sense for a front traction adder.

Joe

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
you could wed it for cheap. i personally am not too fond of locking up an IFS diff. unless you can unlock it. cv's just pop too easy. why not go with the arb in the rear if you're looking at them

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Well the idea of a locker in teh front of a IFS is actually a good thing. The reason being if you are IFS that usually means you will have limited front end travel.

So the best thing to have is at least one wheel pulling whether or not you have one in the air or not.

Whether you are locked or not in the front you will need to be somewhat easy on the CV's to begin with. I'm putting an ARB in the front of mine, and it's the best of both worlds. Open for snow and locked only when you really need it.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.