Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, I've had a couple of folks PM about my body lift, so I thought I'd pass along this information.

I installed the Performance Acessories 1" body lift on my 2nd gen trooper. The install took about three hours. Since there so many BL installs on the site, I won't get into detailed installation procedures, but I will mention that this lift is very easy, cheap, and doesn't require steering, gas hose, etc. extensions. You will, however, need to adjust bumper brackets a bit.

Here's what you need to know.

First, you'll need:
*12(twelve) "pucks" or "mounts"
*6(six) Grade 5 nuts and bolts (options below)

To save some $$, I used 4 large and 8 mini "pucks" rather than the 8 large and 4 mini pucks that come with the PA 3" lift kit. I decided to save my front 6 bolts and reuse them in the 6 captive mounts in the rear. The front bolts are the perfect length for the lifted rear. PLus, I didn't want to loook for metric bolts. IN the front six mounts, I bought 7/16 x 6" grade 5 bolts from Tractor supply for the $4. These are a little beefier than stock, but fit perfect.

If you need pucks, you have a couple of options. First, you can try to find a dealer that sells "replacement blocks" or you can call Matt at www.indpendent4x.com

Good Luck!

·
Registered
143 Posts
great job....any pics?

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
The 100 dollar question is.......Did it give you the clearance you needed?

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.