Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to remove the head on my 85 1.9 trooper, to see why #4 has zero compression. Having a nasty time removing the intake. Have all 8 mounting nuts removed. Manifold is loose but seems to be hung up on something on the front end. Any one else have similar problem doing this job/

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
yup! I had the same problem in my 88...man that was a good gasket :lol: I got a flat head screw driver and I gently pried off the intake manifold bu do it GENTLY!! there might be a bolt that you missed

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Well, it's too late now that you have it loosened up, but I always pull the head with the intake attached. It makes it a bit tricky to re-attach because it's way out of balance to one side but it's do-able.
If it were hanging up in the back I would say check the EGR tube.

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response. I'm taking a few days off to regroup or is that recover from all the odd positions I found myself in in trying to work on the trooper. Also what does one do with the timing chain? Can I just remove the cam sproket and then reinstall it when putting the head back on or must I also pull the front engine cover???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.