Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I've had my 02 4x4 for a while now and have rebuilt the first auto tranny and just killed the second brand new one. I've decided to convert it to a 5speed. My friend and I should have the skill required to perform the swap, having done it on several other japanese cars. I was hoping someone that has already done this could share a full parts list or if anyone else is selling off the manual parts from their trooper. Also, I am unsure what year transmissions my 2002 would accept. I look forward to spending hours here pouring over everyone's builds and seeing what ideas I can steal!

Much appreciated, & once I get this ride back up id love to break it back in on some cen-Tex trails with you guys.

Jason

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was also curious about what's the best components as far as suspension lifts. I'm looking at the calmini kit but it seems cheapish. I dont know if it would be worth it to spend the extra to get indy4x torsion bars and ome springs with pro comp shocks. Lmk your input and knowledge. As I am a trooper newb. I have extensive Nissan and Mazda experience.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Welcome! Glad to have another Texas member on here. I'm in Dallas for one more week, and then I move down to Austin.

I can't say much about the tranny swap, but as for the lift, I have OME springs and they've served me well for the past 2 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts