Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
E-zoo-zoo-one installed some in his 97 Rodeo. I'm sure he'll speak up when he sees this thread.

Joe

·
Registered
220 Posts
i did on my 00 about 4 yrs ago. Hrm...i can't remember what i ate yesterday i dont remember what troubles i had. The only hard part was slipping the white gauges over the needles. I didn't take the needles out but i was still able to do it fairly easily. OH HERe is a tip. After you put everything in make sure you "check engine" and "brake" light line up. I didn't do that so mine dont quite line up and in all honesty no one will know but you. But maybe you should take the extra time and line it up perfectly so that it will look ultra good and you wont have to go through all the hassle. (although after this post i think i'm going to go and line it up better)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put some in a couple of months ago. I wanted to take pictures and really detail everything, but I got into the project to much and forgot. It will be nice soon, so I'll try to grab a picture or two.

Just go slowly dissassembling the cluster and you should be fine.

Hadji was right about lining up the holes, it took me two or three times to get it right.

My biggest problem was finding a place to connect the hot wire. I found several places on the back of the cluster itself with screws marked 12V. I checked with my multi meter to make sure pulling a little off them had no effect on the gauges. I couldn't find any so that's where I attached my positive. I found a place down by my left knee where I attached the little module. You should hear a small whine coming from it when it's on, which is all the time for me. I could have gotten really ambitious and wired into the headlight switch, but I opted for something that was on when the key was hot.

I have gotten a lot of complement's on the cluster, so for winning this ebay auction at $1.00, I'm way satisfied :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
shoot i shoulda taken pics, i wired it with the old lights. I remember taking replace the old dimmer with the one that came in the box. The wireing is different but if you have a multimeter and some time you will be able to figure it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.