Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to replace my wimpy stock horn with something big, loud, and annoying. :lol:

Problem is, I can't find the stock horn! I didn't look too hard but I couldn't see it anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Speedzilla said:
I'm going to replace my wimpy stock horn with something big, loud, and annoying. :lol:

Problem is, I can't find the stock horn! I didn't look too hard but I couldn't see it anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
There are three of them, one in the grill area(removed the front grill two screws and a few clips). there is one on the firewall, and one more I don't remember.

Con

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THREE?! :lol:

I guess I'll have to do some more searching and play around with it a bit. I wonder what it would sound like if I just disconnected one of them and connected a new horn, leaving the other two? I guess my neighbors will find out!

I just swapped out the stock "meep meep" horn on my wife's Mazda with a FIAMM "Highway Blaster" that I picked up at the auto parts store for $15. It made a big difference!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Speedzilla said:
THREE?! :lol:

I guess I'll have to do some more searching and play around with it a bit. I wonder what it would sound like if I just disconnected one of them and connected a new horn, leaving the other two? I guess my neighbors will find out!

I just swapped out the stock "meep meep" horn on my wife's Mazda with a FIAMM "Highway Blaster" that I picked up at the auto parts store for $15. It made a big difference!
http://www.leesimon.com/projects/horn_m ... ng#samples
That guy says to keep the stock as well cause he said the horns by themselves are not that loud to him. Hella makes some good horns that are loud as well.

con

·
Registered
51 Posts
http://isuzu-suvs.com/trooper/horn-nudge.html

There are pics of my triple trumpet horns there. I installed them and ran the trigger wire back to the fuse-box.

The horn on the firewall is a positive ground type horn or somethint having to do with the alarm. I tried to connect my horns to it and it didn't work too well.

I like having them in parrallel with the stockers, nice and loud :)

-mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.