Harbor Freight transmission jack

For all things chrome plated and greasy that don't mount to the truck

Moderator: Staff

Harbor Freight transmission jack

Postby Deezil » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Made a little video of my new tool, pretty useful, I like it!

Dont know how to make videos show up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2qmuIpeDbk&t=0s
Deezil
Drives on Pavement

Have thanks: 0 time

Sponsor

Re: Harbor Freight transmission jack

Postby Von » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:47 pm

That's a pretty sweet jack for the money.
I'm still looking at different jack options for the T18 and NP205 installs on my truck. I like that one and still eyeballing HF's little scissor transmission jack. And I've been looking at this floor jack/ATV jack chimera... http://www.homedepot.com/p/Powerbuilt-4 ... lsrc=aw.ds
funny looking critter.

Still got an old Hein Werner model 54 frame.. all the hydraulics are totally shot.. that I may do something with.

I've read a lot of posts on different forums knocking the HF stuff, especially the hydraulic tools. varying degrees of quality depending on which sweat shop built it. Hydraulic rams not being polished well and seals blowing out. I'd always blown those reports off... I've got a shop full of HF tools and I've been very happy with 95% of them.. More than enough to absorb the cost of the occasional piece of crap.

A couple of weeks ago the seals went out on my 3 year old HF 3 ton floor jack. Granted, the poor thing was terribly abused the first two years of it's life. Spent some time outside in the rain, snow and Texas summer sun. Might have been submerged a time or two when the boys "borrowed" it for their idiotic escapades...
There are zero parts available for it. having said all that, I will probably pick up another one just like it at the next sidewalk sale for $67.
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
1990 Trooper 2.8 V6 Auto (Wrecked... sent to the crusher)
1993 Shortbed, regular cab Z71 (Donated to step-son #2)(deceased, parted out)(Forums for GM and fullsize 4X4s suck... so I'm still hanging out here)
1965 Ford Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe 289 & 4 speed (some assembly required)
1968 Kaiser M715, Chevy 350/700r4, stock NP200 and 5.87 gears... prepping for Ford 390/T-18/divorced NP205 transplant.. .just because.
Von
Expedition Ready

Have thanks: 34 times

Return to Tool & Shop