How to adjust your own valves.Date: 2002, Feb 03
Author: Sam Jelinek
This will apply to the following engines 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.6.
Basic hand tools
1 valve cover gasket
Check you’re under hood label for valve adjustment specs.
- Remove the valve cover.
- Put the engine on top dead center on #1 cylinder.
- Adjust intake valves on cylinder #1 and 2.
- Adjust exhaust valves on cylinder # 1 and 3.
- Now bring #4 cylinder on top dead center.
- Adjust intake valves on cylinder # 3 and 4.
- Adjust exhaust valves on cylinder # 2 and 4.